Friday, 18 September 2015

Eye Opener



Hey Guys,

I was hanging out at a get together and my friend showed me a video that has totally inspiring.  
To give  a brief summary: It's about the Dervae's family that live in Los Angeles California  He grows all of his family's food  on his city  property. He was so determined that  he became self sufficient living off grid in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. What got me  was his method of being able to grow that much food in a tiny space and manage it.  I can tell you it's not a new concept it's just an  method I hadn't learned about. It is called "square foot gardening"  it was invented years ago  by a gentleman  named Mel Bartholomew.  In doing more research on the subject I have found many helpful videos of other homesteaders and micro farmers explaining tips and tricks  to growing this way. Below  is the video of the Dervaes Family that first inspired me to change the way I grow my vegetables . I hope you enjoy It! 

Sincerely, 
M 

No comments:

Post a Comment